Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Gummy Bear


Our first ultrasound was scheduled during my first appointment. When I went into the doctors I was 8 weeks pregnant. Ok, so all of our friends first ultrasounds, that are early in their pregnancy, result in a photo of a little bean that the Dr. circles and says "here's your baby." So, I was expecting to also see a little bean. You can imagine my surprise when they turned on the machine and showed me this:

The technician said, "Wow! Your baby is pretty developed for being only eight weeks." She then showed me its little arms waving at me and its cute little legs. It was pretty amazing. We got some really good photos of the little tyke! The kid already likes to get its picture taken :) It is going to fit right in with the Vaupel and Tarwacki family!!

So, after the ultrasound was taken they moved me up to 12 1/2 weeks because the baby was so developed. Overall the first trimester went very smoothly - no big sickness or real issues. We have been blessed!

After telling the family about the pregnancy over Easter we started calling some of our close friends to spread the news. One of our friends saw this photo and said it looks like a little gummy bear. She suggested that if it is a girl we name it Gummy Bear Tarwacki. Thanks for the suggestion Lauren! We will add it to our list of baby names :)

4 comments:

  1. i can't believe how big (s)he is! what names have you chosen? or are you waiting to share so people don't steal them? hahaha.

    verification word: "niverepl". is that some sort of severed nipple? hahahahahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only if its a girl. Gummy Bear is a stupid name for a boy. He'd get beaten up at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Baby Tarwacki's first photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Sooo Cute!!! I'm glad you didn't have a tough first trimester. So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete